Upgrade RapidDeploy and Plugins
Upgrading RapidDeploy and its plugins from an earlier version
Sometimes after upgrading the RapidDeploy Framework Server, you will need to upgrade your plugin data for compatibility with new plugin fields. You can check if the release requires a plugin upgrade in the changes report. If this is the case, use the following procedure:
Upgrade the RapidDeploy Framework Server as detailed below.
Log in to RapidDeploy.
Navigate to 'Menu' -> 'Help' -> 'Plugin Manager'
Click the 'Update Plugin Data' button in the top right-hand corner.
- All your Resource, Server and Project (artifact and SCM) plugins will be updated.
You can also upgrade individual plugin types for Resource, Server and Project plugins on their respective list pages. You do this by clicking on the 'Spanner' icon in the top right hand corner.
On *nix and Mac operating systems you can follow the process below to quickly upgrade RapidDeploy from any version of RapidDeploy 4.0+ to the latest download version.
- Prior to upgrading, run the following script with the 'backup' argument, which stops RapidDeploy and copies the required files to the /tmp directory on your server into a new folder with the current date stamp:
- Move the $MV_HOME directory to another (backup) location
mv midvision midvision-backup-1
- Unzip the new RapidDeploy assembly
- Rerun the upgrade script with the 'restore' argument:
- You will be prompted to amend the new rapiddeploy.properties file with any differences detected between the two versions.
To upgrade RapidDeploy from an earlier version of 4.x, perform the following steps:
- Stop RapidDeploy as follows, which will write the in-memory database (if used) to file:
- Check that the following file is present [only required if using the internal HSQL database]:
Where RD-USER is the OS user you used to install/start RapidDeploy.
- Back up the following directories:
- Install the new version of RapidDeploy
- Restore the directories you backed up to the same locations
- If you have made changes to the $MV_HOME/bin/rapiddeploy.properties file, re-apply these changes to the new file (perform a diff if necessary).
- Start the new instance of RapidDeploy as follows: