JBoss AS Platform Binary Install Project (v4.1)
RD project to install JBoss AS7
Here is a summary of what this project will achieve.
This project is designed to install JBoss AS7 Platform using RapidDeploy.
The server in the project is Linux.
The project is preconfigured with one target server.
- A remote Linux server with firewall configuration that allow connection from the machine when RapidDeploy instance is installed (for testing purposes we suggest to turn the firewall off).
What is preconfigured and demonstrated.
- One target server for Linux. The user will need to configure the actual hostname for this logical server definition, and any SSH credentials such as username, password or key/pem file.
- The server definition includes a Yum update and then install of Java JRE 1.6 (for JBoss AS7) and JRE 1.8 (for RapidDeploy), also using Yum.
- JBoss binaries will be downloaded on target server.
- InstallJBossTask task to perform installation of JBoss binaries to remote linux server (see the task specification)
- AddManagementUserTask task to add management user (see the task specification)
How to use this project.
- Download the project to your desktop by clicking on one of the links. The file will be saved as JBoss-AS7-Installer.zip
- Log into your RapidDeploy instance as mvadmin.
- Navigate to Resources-> Projects.
- In the top right hand corner click on the Upload Project button.
- Select the zip file you downloaded in step 1.
- You are guided through a project import wizard. You can accept the defaults.
Once the project is imported, there are a couple of things you'll need to do.
Firstly, you will need to change the server configuration. In order to do that navigate to Resources -> Targets -> Servers and find JBoss-Server (this is the name we used in our sample project). Edit this server - put correct Hostname then navigate to Transport tab and check if it is possible to connect to your remote Linux server by clicking Test Connection.
Note that Successful connection is mandatory to go further!
- Secondly, in the uploaded project, you will need to change the data dictionary properties for your installation. Navigate to Resources-> Projects select the JBoss-AS7-Installer project and on the Orchestration tab, select the sub Data Dictionary sub-tab. Review and change entries as required, and save the project.
- You need to create deployment package for the project . Go to the Packages tab, click Create Package button.
- Navigate to Jobs-> New Job.
- Navigate to Jobs-> New Job.
- Double click on the 'Empty' project job box, and select the project you created earlier from the droplist.
- Select the Target you want to deploy from the droplist.
- Select the Version (package version) you want to deploy from the droplist.
- Since there is only one package, it is preselected. The latest package will always be preselected by default.
- Click on the Run button in the bottom right corner, enter a comment for this run and click and click Yes .
- The deployment is started. Click on the Running Jobs icon in the top right corner and you see the tasks executed and job log in real time.